The International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) is an intergovernmental organization which aims to advance the scientific understanding of marine ecosystems and provide information and advice on the sustainable use of the seas.
- Transforming user stories into deployed solutions
- Redesigning existing solutions under the supervision of data scientists/analysts
- Identifying gaps in processes, debugging and error catching of major data centre programmes and contributing to resolve them
We are looking for someone who has good technical knowledge in a variety of programming languages, and a willingness to develop specifications with end users to deliver solutions. The tasks will either be new-builds or redesigns and recoding of existing solutions, and therefore the person we are looking for should be willing to step into existing code and problem solve. While you will be supported by experienced team members, it is expected that you will work independently, and contribute to the development process and produce results as a member of the Data and Information team. The applicant should possess excellent skills in both oral and written communication in English, as this is the working language of the organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of ASP.NET, C#, VB and XML Web Services, Visual Studio
- Good knowledge of database systems, preferably MS-SQL
- Knowledge of R script environment, Git/GitHub
- Some knowledge of GIS programming, for example Leaflet or OpenLayers
Terms of appointment
The appointment will be full-time, for a three year contract period starting as soon as possible, preferably before XXX 2021.
ICES Secretariat staff enjoy privileges and immunities pursuant to the Host Agreement between the Government of Denmark and ICES. The salary for this role is situated at the “C7” grade which is exempt from Danish income tax and is based on, but not identical to, the United Nations common salary system. A tax-free pension scheme is available.
The ICES Staff Rules set out the conditions and principles of employment and the responsibilities of the staff of the ICES Secretariat.
If you feel you have the professional and personal qualities and potential we are looking for, please submit your application (CV and cover letter) through Talent Attract no later than 1 March 2021 23:59 CET.
Questions about this vacancy may be directed to Head of Data and Information Neil Holdsworth. For more information about ICES, please visit our home page: www.ices.dk
ICES is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
- How would you rate your programming skills using ASP.NET Core, EF and C#?
- Do you have experience using Git?
- Do you have experience using agile development methods ?