Graphic Designer Vacancy
Are you a communications professional with a special focus on graphic design? Do you have a passion for the environment and want to help communicate scientific research and ideas? Then you may be our new colleague!
The International Council for the Exploration of the Sea (ICES) is an intergovernmental organization that advances and shares scientific understanding of marine ecosystems and the services they provide, and employs the resulting knowledge to generate state-of-the-art advice on meeting conservation, management and sustainability goals. ICES international network comprises more than 5000 scientists from over 690 marine institutes in 20-member countries and beyond.
We are currently seeking a new Graphic Designer to join our Communications team at ICES Secretariat in Copenhagen, Denmark. Our communications team plays an essential role in keeping the scientific network and stakeholders informed of the organization’s latest activities. We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, and creative colleague to join our team.
- Design material for science outreach, such as brochures, infographics, and posters – both for print and online distribution
- Create branded content, including illustrations and infographics, for our website and social media channels
- Ensure that the visual identity of ICES is cohesive across all communications channels, including publications
- Assist with updating ICES website and social media channels and other communications tasks as needed
Qualifications and Experience
Besides being a friendly and outgoing colleague, the ideal Graphic Designer is someone who is highly organised and can work well under tight deadlines. Further requirements for this position include;
- Accredited qualification in graphic design, communications, or relevant discipline
- Proven experience in designing print and online products and quality management in publishing
- Experience in creating content for web and social media, including social media campaigns
- Solid knowledge of and experience with design software, such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; knowledge of SharePoint and Adobe After Effects is an asset
- Excellent English language skills (speaking, reading, writing)
- Comfortable working in an international and multicultural environment
We offer an open, friendly and busy working environment that challenges everyone to contribute their best to our common goals.
Terms of Appointment
The appointment will be full-time (38 hours per week), for a two-year contract period starting in February/March 2023.
ICES Secretariat staff enjoy privileges and immunities pursuant to the Host Agreement between the Government of Denmark and ICES. The salaries of ICES staff are exempt from Danish income tax and the salary for this role is at the “C4” grade, which is based on the United Nations common salary system.
Furthermore, a tax-free pension scheme is available, to which both the employee and ICES contribute. ICES Staff Rules set out the conditions and principles of employment and the responsibilities of the staff of the Secretariat.
If you feel you have the professional and personal qualities we are looking for, please submit your application no later than midnight, Sunday 11 December 2022. Interviews are expected to take place in the first week of January, and successful candidates will be informed before the Christmas break.
For more information about ICES, please visit our home page: www.ices.dk
- What is your proficiency level in English? (speaking and writing)
- How many years of professional experience do you have in designing print, online products and quality management in publishing?
- Do you have an accredited qualification in graphic design, communications, or relevant discipline?